"Loved loved loved this! Have been bragging about the course to colleagues; truly one of the MOST interesting lectures I’ve heard in a few decades!! "
- Susan Small, MSN, APRN, NNP-BC, IBCLC, Putnam, CT, USA
"The presentation, the evolution of each step, the language - simple and easy-to-understand, the repetition, the combination of video, PDFs and downloads made this an OUTSTANDING course. I feel more knowledgeable, more helpful/supportive and a desire to learn more, share more and help more. THANK YOU"
- Roxane Provence Thompson, doula, Mill Valley, California, USA
MICROBIRTH ONLINE COURSE (9 x 60 Mins)
Do you want to feel fully confident when asked about the infant microbiome?
This 9 hour easy-to-understand online course will bring you up to speed with the latest evidence-based research. Not just that, but you will learn from 11 world-leading professors from top universities including NYU, Cornell, Yale, King's College London and Imperial College London.
Remember, this is the science explored in our award-winning MICROBIRTH movie, that strongly supports vaginal birth (when possible), immediate skin-to-skin and exclusive breastfeeding.
* Lifetime access with no deadlines, so you can go at your own pace
* Evidence-based, easy-to-understand & easy-to-digest
* 34 high quality short videos featuring 11 world-leading professors
* Format: 9 x 60 min sessions featuring visual presentations, 34 short videos, graded tests, student discussion forums and full set of downloadable handouts including printable Certificate of Completion
* Approved for: 9 CERPs (IBLCE), 9 CONTACT HOURS (ACNM), 9 CPD HOURS (ACM) & 9 HOURS / 0.9 CEUs (MEAC)
* Learn the science from 11 world-leading professors & 2 lactation experts
* You will feel much more confident when asked questions by parents.
* You will be up to date with the latest evidence-based research.
* You will understand the role of the infant microbiome and epigenetics during pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and early infancy.
* You will be in a better position to empower parents with full informed choice.
What do students think of the course?
"A brilliant resource for midwives"
happy with the value for the price and excited about the information.
Scientifically ground breaking, but not difficult to understand"
"I like how the line up evolved from beginning to end. It really made sense to me"
a midwife and IBCLC, I found the info on the microbiome and the
Lactobacilli in the bowel and vagina fascinating."
"The videos and the slideshows were all extremely informative and linked together well"
"It was very logical and easy to follow. It was an interesting perspective of the importance of birth and breastfeeding in creating our individual microbiome, equipping our immune system and preparing us to survive and thrive in the environment we are born into".
11 WORLD LEADING PROFESSORS
Professor & Director of the Human Microbiome Project, New York University
Author of Missing Microbes
MARIA GLORIA DOMINGUEZ-BELLO
Associate Professor, Dept. of Medicine, New York University
Professor of Immunotoxicology, Cornell University
Author of The Human Superorganism
Professor & Executive Director, Kinsey Institute
Professor, Dept. of Pediatrics, University of Alberta
Emeritus Professor of Obstetrics, Imperial College London
Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago
Visiting Professor of Midwifery, Kings College London
Professor of Midwifery, Western Sydney University
Associate Professor, Yale University
Professor of Microbiology, Immunology & Surgery, University of Western Ontario
PLUS 2 LACTATION EXPERTS
LAUREL WILSON, IBCLC
International breastfeeding speaker
Co-author of bestselling books: The Greatest Pregnancy Ever and The Attachment Pregnancy
Author of Milk Matters: Infant Feeding and Immune Disorders
If you are a midwife (LM, CPM, CM, CNM), LC, RN, doula, childbirth educator or other health professional, the following CE credits are accepted by many midwifery, nursing, doula, childbirth education orgnanizations including: IBLCE, AMCB for CMP, ACNM, ACM, CCI, ICEA, DONA International, CAPPA and as CE Credits by Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educators.
9 CONTACT HOURS approved by AMERICAN COLLEGE OF NURSE-MIDWIVES (ACNM) - Program
9 HOURS / 0.9 CEUs approved by MIDWIFERY EDUCATION ACCREDITATION COUNCIL (MEAC) - Program ID #M1617-83-0801DE
9 CPD HOURS approved by AUSTRALIAN COLLEGE OF MIDWIVES (ACM)
9 CERPs (4 L-CERPs and 5 R-CERPs) approved by International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) CERPs Registry No. 317023K
- 9 Contact Hours (ACNM) are applicable to Nurse-Midwives, Certified Midwives, Registered Nurses, doulas and childbirth education providers. ACNM is an approved provider of Nursing CEUs.
- 9 Contact Hours (ACNM) are accepted by the Competency and Credentialing Institute (CCI) for CNOR recertification and CRNFA recertification.
- 9 Contact Hours (ACNM) are accepted as part of Certificate Maintenance Program (CMP) by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB). The AMCB operates on a 5-year certification cycle. That means that if you initially pass in 2017, you will have five years until 2022 to fulfil the certification cycle requirements, which includes completion of 20 Contact Hours (2.0 CEUs)
- 0.9 CEU's (MEAC) can be applied to Certified Professional Midwives registered with the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) and can also be used for recertification and general career development by midwives and other healthcare providers.
- 9 CERPs (4 L-CERPs and 5 R-CERPs) can be used for recertification for Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). Five years after most recently passing the IBLCE certification exam, IBCLCs may renew their certification by demonstrating completion of 75 hours of continuing education that has been approved for CERPs. Of these, at least 50 must be L-CERPs. IBCLCs recertifying by CERPs may use up to 20 R-CERPs to complete recertification requirements.
- This course is an Australian College of Midwives CPD
Recognised Activity and has been approved for 9 CPD
Hours. Australian Midwives and Nurses are required to collect 20 hours of
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) each year, so this course will
provide 9 CPD Hours out of those 20 CPD Hours. If required for auditing, the course certificate will provide date and number of CPD Hours. If required for auditing, a brief description of objectives are listed at the start of each course session.
On completion of the Microbirth Online Course (9x60 Mins), you will receive your own Certificate of Completion listing the above Continuing Education credits.
Discounts for groups?
For a personalised group discount quote, please get in touch with the course creators via the Contact Us link below.
Institutional use?If you would like the course materials for institutional use (larg organisations, schools, colleges, universities), please use the Contact Us link below for a personalised quote.
Toni Harman is the co-producer/director of the of the multi award-winning documentary MICROBIRTH and co-author of the books, THE MICROBIOME EFFECT (UK & World) & YOUR BABY'S MICROBIOME (US/Canada). Toni is the creator and course leader of MICROBIRTH ONLINE COURSE.
Toni has been featured as a guest on BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC World Service and also she has appeared as a guest on numerous podcasts. Her work has been featured in The Observer, The Daily Telegraph and the Daily Mail. Toni has written blog-post articles for Scientific American and the Huffington Post. Toni has also been keynote speaker at several international scientific, midwifery and breastfeeding conferences.
You can contact Toni Harman via the contact form HERE.